Dear Miss Liu,
I'm sorry I could not make our 2 o'clock appointment.
This is to be an urgent conference in my department this afternoon and I have to make some preparation for it.
Could we meet at 3 o'clock this Friday afternoon?
If that is not convenient for you, please leave me a note in my mailbox. With many apologies.
I'm writing to express apologies for not being able to return the book you lent me a few months ago.
As this book was so important for me to finishe my thesis paper at that time.
I feel so sorry and I promise it will never happen again. With many apologies.
1.道歉行为， 2.具体理由 ， 3. 弥补方法， 4. 进一步致歉。
- I'm writing to show my apology for ...
- I would like to express my apologies for not being able to....
- I am sorry I couldn't...
- I am sorry to say I could not....
- Excuse me for my delaying.....
- I am sure I can make up the loss by.....
- I promise it will never happen again....
- It would be very kind (considerate) of you to give me another chance to...
- Many apologies.
- Do please forgive me.